Joe DeNoyior Named One of 2018 Financial Times 401 Top Retirement Advisors
Washington Financial Group is pleased to announce that Managing Partner Joe DeNoyior has been named one of the 2018 Financial Times 401 Top Retirement Advisors.
The formula the FT uses to grade advisers is based on seven factors and calculates a score for each adviser. The factors were:
- Defined Contribution (DC) Assets Under Management (AUM), which signals experience.
- Specialization in the DC business, which is measured by what percentage of the overall assets managed by the adviser are in DC plans, and how that concentration has changed. (About a third of the score is based on the concentration of the adviser’s overall business in serving DC plans, combined with the growth in the adviser’s DC business.)
- Growth rate in DC plan business, measured by changes in both DC plan clients and assets. Growth is a proxy for performance as well as for client retention and ability to draw new business.
- Years of experience advising DC plans, which indicates experience of managing DC plan assets in different economic and market environments.
- Industry certifications, which show the technical knowledge that is important in the complicated DC plan industry.
- Participation rate in DC plans advised, which looks at effectiveness by measuring the portion of employees participating.
- Compliance record, because a string of client complaints can signal problems.
Because each adviser takes a different approach to their practices the FT 401 list is unranked. Neither advisors nor their firms pay a fee to Financial Times in exchange for inclusion in the FT 401.
To access the full list of FT 401 advisors, please visit https://www.ft.com/reports/top-401-advisers.
Securities offered through LPL Financial, Member FINRA/SIPC. Investment advice offered through Global Retirement Partners, LLC (GRP) a registered investment advisor. GRP, LPL Financial and Washington Financial Group are separate non-affiliated entities.